Welcome Center Representative
Welcome Center Representative
Melrose Family YMCA
Early Morning Opener (4:45am-9:00am)
The Melrose Family YMCA is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our Membership team. Under the supervision of the Director of Membership, this position will represent the YMCA in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA. The Welcome Center Representative will assist with membership and program sales, handle telephone calls, regulate lobby traffic, provide all membership and program information, and know and execute policies and procedures.
This position is primarily responsible for the following key areas:
- All welcome center operations including membership sales, customer service and member engagement.
- Communicating the mission of the Y to members and potential members
- Maintenance of program information and schedules.
- Conduct regular rounds of the building.
- Participation and implementation of membership sales campaigns.
- Involvement in special events related to member service and promotion.
- Participate in staff meetings and professional trainings as appropriate.
- Maintain a professional image and manner.
- Make sure lobby area and lobby bathroom are presentable.
- Document all incidents and accidents.
- Present and uphold department and branch policies, regardless of whether in agreement or not with said policies, while keeping the emphasis on customer service.
- Assume other duties deemed necessary by the Membership Director.
Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
Conduct interviews and/or cause-driven tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
Engages with and builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
Understands the Y’s Cause-Driven work and mission, can articulate it for others.
Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
May hand out locker keys and towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required.
Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community
Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
Basic knowledge of computers.
Skills: Excellent telephone skills, ability to effectively communicate with adults and children alike, understand the relationship of the general public to the association. Enjoys engaging with others and building relationships with others.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand for a period of time as well as work and train on a computer.
- Ability to complete a tour, without access to an elevator, through the building and lift at least 25lbs.
For more information reply to this message or call Kelly Curtis at: 781-665-4360.
*All employees will receive a free Membership to the YMCA of Metro North.